Wigwonders is a wig shop located in Nottingham, covering Derby and the surrounding areas, Wigwonders offer only high quality ladies wigs from a range of premium brands; with plenty of different styles, choices and colours available. Whether you are looking for real human hair wigs with lace fronts, realistic synthetic wigs or top pieces. In many colours from natural shades, bold colours to fashionable rooted colours. Accepting Wig vouchers from Nottingham NHS Trust and Sherwood NHS Trust only. FREE consultation from NHS clients. Private consultation FEE APPLYS for first visit only, £30. Every client may be eligible for VAT relief off your wig purchase if you are undergoing chemotherapy treatment or suffering from Alopecia, please ask for details!
With years of experience as a hairdresser, I can offer specialist cutting and styling, to ensure your wig is a perfect fit and look. Working from my private wig studio located at my home, helps to deliver a very relaxed and private, personal service.
• Accepting NHS wig vouchers from Nottingham Hospital Trust & Sherwood Hospital Trust
• Home visits also available. (travelling expense added)
• Free specialist wig cutting (when purchasing a wig)
At all stages, Wigwonders offer professional advice, whether its top wig care tips, shampoos, accessories and stylish bandanas, to ensure your wig remains looking brand new for as long as possible. Aftercare leaflets in both fibre and human hair wigs are readily available, to guide you in looking after your purchase.
For all your wig needsBook an appointment
Do you have an NHS wig voucher from Nottingham city, Queens Medical, or Kings Mill Hospital?
A bit about me
With over 40 years of hairdressing experience and working with wigs, I decided to start my own company (10 years ago now) as I felt I could offer a personal wig service to anyone who is suffering from hair loss or alopecia. I feel that everyone deserves to look fabulous and I know I can help.More info
- "Excellent consultation. Very knowledgeable of products and client needs. Clearly wants the best result for her clients. Lots of choice and options available. Good communication and opportunities to be 100% sure before final purchase with follow up contact points after initial consultation. Beautiful quality wigs, not that you can tell they’re wigs when they’re on. Great to give Mum confidence. Thank you Sara (Feb 2024)" - Rebecca
- "A great experience. Gave us all the information required to make an informed decision about the best wig option for my grandma. Very professional. Provided constant contact. Would return and recommend without hesitation. (Dec 23)" - Millie
- "Prior to chemotherapy I sought advice from Sara on purchasing a wig. My first appointment she immediately made me feel at ease and mopped up the tears. She gave me so much advice and support and after discussing my preference and trying on several different wigs I found the one that made me look like “me”. Sara gave me advice on pricing, voucher towards cost and maintenance and when to order. On collection she customised my wig to suit me and again treated me with empathy and professionalism. My friends have often thought that I had not lost my hair. The wig looks so well fitted and natural. As traumatic as losing your hair can be having a wig that you feel “ normal” in and a friendly helpful support person in Sara has made it so much better than expected. (Jan 24)" - Jane
- "Sara went above and beyond to help me source and alter the wig I wanted and in record time. Thankyou Sara. I will be contacting you again (Sept 2023)" - Sue
- "I met with Sara at Wigwonders just prior to starting chemo for Hodgkin Lymphoma as it was important to me to find something as close as possible to my real hair that made me feel like me and helped me to stay in control. Sara was fantastic from the start. She actively encouraged me to bring a plus one which really helped and put me at ease and I know from calling other places doesn't always happen. With such an important decision at such a difficult time, this really helped and was much appreciated.
Sara was incredibly patient and really took the time to make sure that I was sure before ordering, letting me try things multiple times and explaining everything about the wigs as she went along, which really helped. She also encouraged me to try a range of headscarves, turbans and other options which I hadn't really begun to explore yet and which was a really useful and eye-opening experience. They were beautiful too.
When the wig arrived I was able to collect it the same day and again Sara was so patient and helpful and really took the time to make sure that I was happy with it. She even let both me and my mum practise multiple times to make sure we were confident to put it on correctly and modelled how to wash it and care for it properly.
Obviously this isn't something I ever wanted to need to do but I honestly could not be happier with the wig - it's like my own hair but better and feels so light! I can't thank Sara enough for all of her help and would 110% advise anyone in need of a wig or help with hair loss to go to her. As an additional thought, she even gave me a care pack to support me with my treatment, which again was a lovely thought. (June 2023)" - Zoe
- "I have just purchased two lovely wigs of Sara today has soon has I walked into sara's studio I felt confident with her she made myself & Kim my hairdresser welcome. I picked my wigs Sara ordered them straight away has soon has she had got them emailed me I went for my fitting today I'm well pleased and feel so confident wearing them. I highly recommend Sara & wig wonder very professional thank you very much to you.you well deserve 5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟but I've given you 6 (March 23)" - Viv
- "Sara was so lovely, supportive and professional when I contacted her for advice for my 88 year mother, who is suffering with alopecia.
We count ourselves fortunate that her problem wasn't the result of treatment, but a fact of ageing.
Nevertheless it was starting to sap my mother's confidence in going out and meeting people!
Photographs of her with her grandchildren became a dreaded experience instead of the celebration it should have been.
Our first appointment lifted my mother SO much it was quite emotional!
We almost walked out with a lovely wig on the first visit, but after discussing our slight reservation (it being more straight than we were used to!)Sara explained that another style she felt would be more suitable and promptly ordered it for us! Explaining it could take up to 6 weeks we all agreed it was worth waiting, knowing that there was already a very good solution available!
Sara was absolutely right! The new Wig arrived much quicker than expected and is absolutely lovely!
Sara helped mum to fit it herself and then trimmed it to suit her even more!
We can't thank her enough!
The whole experience was SO positive! So much so Mum ordered a second one so she could have daily wear!
Now mum is happy to go out again and definitely is much more confident again!
All safeguarding precautions remain in place, masks, sanitiser, temperature check to ensure the safety of all her clients!
Thank you Sara so much we can't recommend you highly enough! (Dec 22)
" - PT
- "Great service from Sara. Everything was explained and nothing was too much trouble. So much choice and options and I received a really good looking wig. (Nov 2022)" - Elaine
- "Incredible service from the very knowledgeable lady. She goes above and beyond in order to make her clients happy and comfortable. I'm so pleased I found her and I'll definitely b going back. Thank you so much Sara. (Oct 2022)" - Kym
- "Sara was a wonderful lady who put me at ease as soon as I entered her place , she made myself and my best friend very welcome and we had discussions about different wigs , real hair wigs which are very difficult to get hold of , her advice was second to none and I actually came out with a wig and accessories, I’ve since ordered another wig , excellent service , really lovely lady , making time for you x (Sept 2022)" - Karen