Located in Nottingham, covering Derby and the surrounding areas, Wigwonders offer only high quality wigs from a range of premium brands; with plenty of different styles, choices and colours available. Whether you are looking for real human hair wigs with lace fronts, realistic synthetic wigs or top pieces. In many colours from natural shades, bold colours to fashionable rooted colours. Accepting Wig vouchers from NHU only. FREE consultation from NHS clients. Private consultation FEE APPLYS for first visit only, £30. Every client may be eligible for VAT relief off your wig purchase if you are undergoing chemotherapy treatment or suffering from Alopecia, please ask for details!
With years of experience as a hairdresser, I can offer specialist cutting and styling, to ensure your wig is a perfect fit and look. Working from my private wig studio located at my home, helps to deliver a very relaxed and private, personal service.
• Accepting NHS wig vouchers from NUH
• Home visits also available. (travelling expense added)
• Free specialist wig cutting (when purchasing a wig)
At all stages, Wigwonders offer professional advice, whether its top wig care tips, shampoos, accessories and stylish bandanas, to ensure your wig remains looking brand new for as long as possible. Aftercare leaflets in both fibre and human hair wigs are readily available, to guide you in looking after your purchase.
For all your wig needsBook an appointment
From 1st October 2021 Wigwonders will be able to accept Wig vouchers from Nottingham University Hospitals. Which covers City Hospital and Queens Medical Hospital. The voucher is worth £60 +vat. As your wig will be a medical wig, vat is exempt. You can use this voucher against any wig or head coverings including bandanas. It is your responsibility to pay any remaining balance Consultations are FREE to any presenting a voucher.
(I am unable to accept any vouchers from any Derby Hospitals but I am in the process of applying)
To make an appointment please contact Sara
07900921594 / 01159192085
A bit about me
With over 35 years of hairdressing experience and working with wigs, I decided to start my own company (8 years ago now) as I felt I could offer a personal wig service to anyone who is suffering from hair loss or alopecia. I feel that everyone deserves to look fabulous and I know I can help.More info
- "Sara made me feel very at home and relaxed, had all the time in the world for me, who knew nothing about wigs, and what she doesn’t know about wigs isn’t worth knowing. A very pleasant experience, giving me the help, advice and confidence to wear a wig for the first time, and thoroughly enjoy doing so, at the age of 70. This won’t be the last wig I purchase! Thank you Sarah. (Oct 2021)" - Jennifer
- "Sara made me feel comfortable about talking about hair loss & is very knowledgeable in all aspects to do with hair. She is a godsend to me after months & months of trying to find someone to help me. I would definitely recommend wigwonders to anyone with hair issues. Thank you Sara . 👍🏽 (Oct 2021)" - Jenny
- "I wanted to say a huge thank you for the care and attention you paid to my mum 2 weeks ago. You were welcoming and treated mum with dignity and kindness. I am so please I found you, the experience was just what we needed.
Mums wig looks fantastic and at 94yrs, has given her a spring in her step and her head held high. The personal attention during fitting and cutting was expertly executed.
I cannot recommend you enough thank you so much. Gillian (Sept 2021)
" - Gillian
- "I have recently been diagnosed with alopecia which has left me feeling very low and self conscious about my appearance. I booked a consultation with Sarah a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed with her knowledge and expertise. Straight away she put me at ease and in an approachable and kind manner talked me through everything and was very helpful throughout. I ordered a wig and when it arrived I was very impressed. It looked fab. Thanks very much Sarah - one very happy customer. (July 2021)" - Karen
- "Resultant on chemotherapy my wife quickly lost her hair. Having read the reviews she contacted Sarah. From first phone we knew we had made the right choice. Sarah quickly arranged an appointment at her excellent home salon. Her professional, caring and supportive service has been 100%. She explained fully the options available, and her advice of wig was perfect. A week later we returned for the fitting. The wig was a perfect colour match and style. Sarah than spent time explaining home fitting and care.Ann went to the fitting with apprehension but left very happy with the hair loss issue nailed. Yesterday we returned for for Sarah to trim in a fringe for Ann, and to answed any final queries. Thanks Sarah, and to readers of this review if you need a wig contact her, she is the best. (June 2021)" - Ken
- "From the first contact Sara is very professional and knowledgeable. My mum is losing her hair so I read the reviews and went with Wigwonders and we haven't been disappointed. Sara has a lovely set up at her home and she is very welcoming. She has a wide range of suppliers but knew just what my mum needed. She ordered a couple of wigs that she thought would be suitable and she was spot on with colour match and style. Nothing is too much trouble, she can even cut the wig for you. She has all the aftercare products and advice. Sara is not pushy, its totally your choice as she wants you to walk away happy and I can say that my mum is 100% happy and would recommend Wigwonders if you are looking for a good quality made to fit wig that looks natural. thanks Sara x (June 2021)" - Sharon
- "My visit to Sara was absolutely amazing Her professionalism and knowledge was outstanding Her advice has given me a look that I hadn’t thought i could achieve totally over the moon with the quality and appearance, the feel and the natural characteristics of my hair . Thanks Sara (May 2021)" - Nicola
- "From the first conversation with Sara, to the first meeting and today when I tried on the wigs that Sara ordered in for me, the service has been fantastic. Sara puts you at ease from the very first moment, she is reassuring (at what is a stressful and upsetting time for me), her knowledge is excellent and products first class. Whatever your circumstances are due to hair loss, I would highly recommend Sara and the service she provides. (April 2021)" - Lisa
- "Would highly recommend Wigwonders and Sara From the word go correspondence was quick efficient and helpful I was struggling with what was happening to me and my self confidence was at a all time low. Through face calling emails and finally meeting Sarah everything was explained and I was put at ease. Every question answered and advice given no matter what time of day or night I enquired. The wigs are top quality and service even better Thank you from the bottom of my heart (April 2021)" - Michelle
- "I visited WigWonders to explore whether a wig was the right option for me and to see if I would be comfortable/confident wearing one. Sarah was amazing she explained everything really well, she then helped me choose which wigs would be best to try. Sarah is very knowledgable and nothing is too much trouble, I cannot recommend her highly enough for the excellent service. Thank you so much. (April 2021)" - Paula